Follow the instructions to set up eduroam if you are using Mac OS 10.4.
To use eduroam at UWA on a Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4, you must have an Airport Card installed.
Visitors to the University of Western Australia must substitute the username and passwords supplied to them by their home institution for those suggested below.
If you have already configured eduroam on your computer, skip directly to Connecting.
- Select 'Open Internet Connect...' from the Airport menu.
- From the 'File' menu, select 'New 802.1x Connection...'
- Click on the '802.1X lock' icon.
- Choose 'Edit Configurations...' from the Configuration dropdown.
- Modify the configuration window with the required information.
- If you are a UWA person, your username and password will be:
- username: PersonID@uwa.edu.au.
- password: Pheme password.
- The Wireless Network is eduroam.
- Click on the OK button to save the new configuration.
Once you have arrived at the host institution:
- Open Internet Connect.
- Click on the 802.1x lock.
- Click on the 'Connect' button.
- The first time you connect, you may get a message indicating that the server certificate is not trusted.
- Click on the 'Show Certificate' button.
- Check the box for Always trust these certificates.
- Click on the 'Continue' button.
- You may also get a message asking if you want to store the password in your Mac OS X Keychain; click 'Yes'.
If everything has been configured correctly, you should see "Connected" in the Status area similar to what's shown in the example above.