EMS IT Support for all staff and postgraduate research students
You can contact EMS IT Support by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Contacting us by phone on +61 8 6488 1999
- Submitting an incident using the online Service Desk (you will need to have an active Pheme account to use this service)
Unifi is the UWA wireless network for all University staff and students.
Where can I use Unifi?
To find out if a particular building or area of campus is wireless-enabled, check the Wireless Coverage Map.
Note: buildings listed here as wireless-enabled may have particular areas where reception is weak or unavailable due to building layout, type of construction, or other factors. This resource is provided as a general guide and does not guarantee that a wireless signal will be available in all areas.
How do I use Unifi?
Staff and students authenticate to the Unifi wireless network using their Pheme credentials.
- have instant access to the wireless network. There is no requirement to apply, register or create an additional account. Access is provided as soon as their Pheme account is registered.
- have immediate access to the wireless network once their Pheme account is activated and they have agreed to the terms and conditions of internet access - done by choosing the 'change internet access' link in Pheme.
Most modern laptops, notebooks, PDAs and smartphones are compatible with Unifi.
Accessing EMS computers
All permanent and Category 2 staff are entitled to access EMS computers once they have activated Pheme.
- Your staff number
- Your Pheme password
For help, visit Staff Pheme Activation. If you are having issues logging in to your computer please contact your local IT support office who will be able to assist you.
Students enrolled in any units offered by the Faculty are entitled to an account for accessing their relevant School's lab facilities. New accounts are created on the basis of your enrollment record, two weeks before the start of each semester. Your lab account is setup in the following format:
- Your student number
- Your Pheme password
For help, visit Student Pheme Activation. If you are having issues logging in to your computer please contact your local IT support office who will be able to assist you.
Lost and found items in computer labs
For security reasons it is important that you do not leave any personal items unattended in any computer lab. EMS IT staff perform regular lab checks and any items that appear to have been left behind will be taken to the nearest IT Support Office.