This information is for IT Support Staff who provide IT support to staff and students within the University.
You will find information
- about IT at the University, such as projects and governance, on the IS intranet (this site is only available from the UWA network).
- accessible by tech staff only on the Collaborate wiki.
As IT Support Staff you maybe required to organise connection to the campus network or IP subnets, change IP subnets, and/or manage firewalls.
If this is required then you should complete the appropriate form before printing and sending a signed copy to Information Services (as instructed on the form itself).
Relevant organisations and associations
- AARNet, the Australian Academic Research Network
- ACS, the Australian Computer Society
- AIIA, the Australian Information Industry Association
- ATUG, the Australian Telecommunications Users Group
- The Butler Group, IT research and analysis organisation
- AUUG, the Australian Unix and Open Systems Users Group. IS is a member of AUUG with two representatives in the User Group
- CAUDIT, the Committee of Australian Universities Directors of Information Technology. The Director of IS is the UWA representative
- EDUCAUSE, the Association for managing and using information resources in higher education
- The Gartner Group, Information technology research and advisory company
- Standards Australia, the Standards Association of Australia including telecommunication standards.