The Mail List service provides UWA staff and students with the ability to create and manage email distribution lists.
Also Known As: Mailman.
Mail Lists allows staff and students at the University to maintain lists of email contacts, with a large range of configuration options available to suit more applications.
Features and Benefits
By providing a simple yet powerful distribution list service, Mail Lists allows the University to engage with large numbers of staff, students or 3rd party contacts at one time.
- Moderation - Several moderation options are available, to ensure only appropriate communications are sent out
- Self Service - Lists can be configured to allow users to subcribe and unsubscribe via a web page without human interaction
- Powerful Interface - A powerful, simple to use web interface allows the list administrator to set many configuration options
- Internal or External - Any email address can be subscribed, regardless of whether they are a University Staff, Student or external email address
- Content Filtering - Mailing lists can be created that allow anybody with the address to email the list, list members only, by moderation, or only specific users
- Varied Applications - Lists can be created for a single mailout, or for long term regular use.
- Privacy - Several privacy options exist to allow the list administrator to make the senders and members transparent or private as necessary
- Mass Subscription/Removal - Multiple email addresses can be subscribed to a mailing list at a time by simply pasting a list of valid email addresses into the appropriate section in the web interface
Availability and Support
- Available to:
UWA Staff and Students
- Support Unit:
Business Information & Technology Services(BI&TS) are your first point of contact for this service
- How do I get it:
- You may log a request via Self Service
- Support Hours:
Standard University business hours; Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm.
- Available from:
There is no charge associated with the service offering.
You must be a current UWA staff member or student, and have an active UWA Login
- You may also be interested in:
This service is available 24 by 7.
All scheduled maintenance and outage windows will be advised ahead of time.
How do I get it?
You may log a request via Self Service
- Ensure that all communications comply with all relevant UWA Policies and guidelines
- Manage their own subscription and unsubscription from mail lists that allow this as an option
- Report any unsolicited subscription or inappropriate messages to the mail list Administrator
Mail List Moderators will:
- Maintain accountability for releasing and rejecting messages sent to lists they moderate
Mail List Administrators will:
- Maintain the configuration and membership of lists they manage
- Maintain a list of moderators where necessary
- Ensure that emails released to the list comply with all UWA policies and guidelines on email and communications
- Discuss requirements for mass/bulk emails with Business Information & Technology Services
Business Information & Technology Services will:
- Respond to requests for new mailing lists
- Respond to tickets requesting information for and reporting issues with the Mail Lists Service
- Ensure the availability of the underlying infrastructure
- Provide and maintain self help documentation to assist users, moderators and administrators