Student Email provides enrolled UWA students with the facility to send and receive email, store documents and contacts, as well as a calendaring function linked to the timetabling service.
Also Known As: Student Email and Calendaring
Student Email offers a robust, high performance email, calendaring and collaboration solution with ample storage, high availability and accessibility from anywhere in the world.
Features and Benefits
UWA students are provided with a reliable method of communication with staff and fellow students. The calendaring feature provides them with the capability to view their class timetables quickly from any Internet enabled device with a web browser.
- Accessibility - Student Email is available from anywhere where unrestricted internet access is available
- Collaboration - Multiple tools are available to communicate and work collaboratively with fellow students
- Teaching - Using a suite of integrated applications, teaching staff can make documents and files available to class groups, as well as communicating easily via email
- Calendaring - Integrates with UWA's timetabling services, allowing students to keep track of lectures, classes, events and exams
- Cloud Storage - Accessible from computers and mobile devices anywhere that a connection to the Internet is available
- Instant Messaging - Allows students to keep in touch with friends, family and other students
- Websites - Create, share and publish your own web presence
- Reliability - Student Email experiences very high availability vs a locally hosted service
- Intuitive - the graphical interface shares common elements with many common email services, ensuring ease of use
- Integrated Timetables - By integrating the Student Calendar with the timetabling service, your class time tables are easier to access than ever
- Mobile Access - Integrate your Student Email and Calendar with your mobile device for easy access to email and class schedules via Unifi on campus
Availability and Support
- Available to:
- Support Unit:
Research and Learning Support staff in the UWA Subject Libraries are the first point of contact for this service
- How do I get it:
- Support Hours:
Standard University business hours; Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Available from:
On and off campus
There is no charge associated with the standard service offering.
You must have an active UWA Login
- You may also be interested in:
This service is available 24 by 7.
All scheduled maintenance and outage windows will be advised ahead of time.
How do I get it?
- Report any issues to Research and Learning Support either via AskUWA or in person at one of the UWA Subject Libraries
- Comply with policies on the use of email at UWA
Research & Learning Support will:
- Act as the first point of contact for queries relating to Student Email
- Assist with the configuration of devices and shared computers for students wishing to access the service
- Provide and maintain self-help documentation to assist students who wish to access the service
- Escalate tickets concerning the underlying systems to Business Information & Technology Services (BI&TS)
Local IT Support will:
- Provide support for the installation and configuration of software used to connect to the service
- Act as the first point of contact for students who require support using shared computers in their area
- Escalate tickets concerning the underlying systems to BI&TS via the IT Service Desk
- Ensure that all staff comply with policies regarding Student Email at UWA
Business Information & Technology Services (BI&TS) will:
- Ensure the availability of the underlying infrastructure at UWA campuses
- Advise of any unscheduled service interruption
- Maintain responsibility for provisioning and de-provisioning student email accounts