Provides a single point of contact for support and use of on-campus telephone equipment supported by Business Information & Technology Services (BI&TS).
Also Known As: Telephonists, Switchboard, PABX
Business Information & Technology Services (BI&TS) provide support, equipment and infrastructure for fixed-line communications between users on campus at Crawley, Nedlands, Claremont and Shenton Park along with the ability to connect to the external, public, telephone network; all coordinated via a dedicated Telephonists team.
Features and Benefits
Provides staff, students and visitors with the ability to use a desktop phone that facilitates simple and accessible communication between other desktop phones on campus as well as communication to external numbers both local and international.
- Support: Dedicated telephonist team to provide advice and assist with use of the Telephony service
- Provisioning: Help organise provisioning and installation of handsets and numbers
- Voicemail: Provide customisable voicemail services
- Relocations: Help organise relocation of handsets and numbers
- Handsets: Provide analog, digital and IP handsets with a range of configurable functions
- Fax Lines: Organise provisioning of dedicated fax lines
- Conference Calls: Advise on how to initiate and manage conference calls
- Call Barring: Manage the enabling and removal of call barring
- Reporting: Provide usage reports for the Telephony service
Availability and Support
- Available to:
UWA Staff, Students and Visitors.
- Support Unit:
- How do I get it:
- Support Hours:
Standard University business hours; Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Available from:
On Campus at Crawley, Nedlands, Claremont and Shenton Park.
Connection Charges Notes New Connections Quotes provided upon request. Affiliates (including colleges) and capital works projects will be charged for new connections. Line Rental Charges Notes UWA Departments No Charge Affiliates (including colleges) $20.00 + GST Per line per month Commercial Tenants $20.00 + GST Per line per month Handsets Charges Notes Standard Model No Charge No charge for UWA Departments Quotes provided upon request. Affiliates (including colleges), commercial tenants and capital works projects will need to fund cost of new handsets. Other Models Quotes provided upon request. Calls Charges Internal No Charge Local Mobiles
Call costs will be charged to business units, affiliates (including colleges) and commercial tenants at the rates the University has negotiated with its Telecommunication partners. Voicemail Charges Voicemail No Charge
- You must be able to provide information about the handset, it's extension number and provide adequate contact/location details.
- You may also be interested in:
This service is available 24 by 7.
All scheduled maintenance and outage windows will be advised ahead of time.
How do I get it?
- No related information available.
- No related information available.
- Initiate and maintain all contact with the Telephonist team via self service, email or telephone
- Respond to requests for information when requested by members of the Telephonist team
- Always provide the Service Desk ticket reference when contacting the Telephonists via email, telephone or in person
- Ensure that only one ticket is submitted per request so that duplicates do not end up being created
- When contacting the Telephonists outside of hours, do so via email or Self Service. Telephone business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Respond to notifications that the Telephonists believe your ticket to be resolved if you believe that this is not the case
Local IT Support will:
- Act as the first point of contact for issues relating to locally supported equipment or infrastructure
- Ensure tickets contain all appropriate and relevant information prior to escalating to BI&TS
Business Information & Technology Services will:
- Manage and maintain spare handsets
- Coordinate installation and repairs of telephony equipment and infrastructure