Follow the instructions to set up eduroam if you are using Windows 7.
To use eduroam at UWA on a Windows 7 notebook computer it must have either 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n wireless capability.
Visitors to the University of Western Australia must substitute the username and passwords supplied to them by their home institution for those suggested below.
- Once Windows is loaded, make sure your wireless adapter is switched on and then select "Connect To" from the Start Menu.
- A list of available wireless networks will appear. Select 'eduroam' and click on 'Connect' (you may have to scroll down a bit to find 'eduroam' if there are a lot of wireless networks in range.
- A screen will appear where you enter your username and password. If you're a UWA person, your username and password will be:
username: [email protected]
password: Pheme password
- Once clicking OK, you may be prompted with a Windows Security Alert. Please click on the 'Details' tab and ensure that the certificate is from UWA. Then click 'Connect'.
- You should now be connected to eduroam. Click 'Close' to continue.