This information is for IT Support Staff who provide local IT support to staff and students within the University.
You will find information
- about IT at the University, such as projects and governance, on the IS intranet (this site is only available from the UWA network).
- accessible by tech staff only on the Collaborate wiki.
As local IT Support Staff you maybe required to organise connection to the campus network or IP subnets, change IP subnets, and/or manage firewalls.
If this is required then you should complete the appropriate form before printing and sending a signed copy to Information Services (as instructed on the form itself).
Relevant organisations and associations
- AARNet, the Australian Academic Research Network
- ACS, the Australian Computer Society
- AIIA, the Australian Information Industry Association
- ATUG, the Australian Telecommunications Users Group
- The Butler Group, IT research and analysis organisation
- AUUG, the Australian Unix and Open Systems Users Group. IS is a member of AUUG with two representatives in the User Group
- CAUDIT, the Committee of Australian Universities Directors of Information Technology. The Director of IS is the UWA representative
- EDUCAUSE, the Association for managing and using information resources in higher education
- The Gartner Group, Information technology research and advisory company
- Standards Australia, the Standards Association of Australia including telecommunication standards.